I stole this meme from Pomgirl.
1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?
Drove to Ballina airport.
Disbanded a coven.
Allowed the Prodigal Son to be right when he was making me wrong.Had a book reviewed in The Smoking Poet.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for this year?
Eschewed resolutions last year.
This year – going to bed at same time as Andrew (NEARLY every night, lol); keeping in touch with family more often; turning Olga's novel into an ebook.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Birds in the neighbourhood.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Unfortunately some birds and lizards, due to my cats (who now have more efficient bell collars).
5. What countries did you visit?
Countries of the mind.
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
An easy, peaceful relationship with the Prodigal Son. Clean carpets. Financial prosperity. Abundant book sales. New car. New Mac. Going to the movies much more often. More time with the Firstborn. Travel (to other places besides Melbourne).
7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The whole of December: the visit of the Prodigal.
Election night: the long-awaited and resounding defeat of Dishonest John.
My birthday: dinner at Maureen and Alan's with Marg and Debbie – and loud, wild pre-election debate.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Breakthrough with the Prodigal.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not succeeding in helping my friend find his stolen wolf-dog.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Bountiful Years, a posthumously published volume of poems by my beloved friend Joyce Lee who died in February aged 92.
12. Where did most of your money go?
13. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The poetry of George Wallace on MySpace.
14. What song will always remind you of 2007?
Animus by Wendy Rule.
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Not particularly sad, but less happy; this time last year I was ecstatic.
b) thinner or fatter? A bit fatter.
c) richer or poorer? A bit richer.
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Making poems. Reading. Going to movies. Making love.
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
18. How did you spend Christmas?
Feasting at Letitia's place.
19. Did you fall in love in 2007?
All over again, even deeper, with the same people. (Yes, plural.)
20. What was your favorite TV program?
21. What was the best book you read?
How does one measure 'best'? The one that made the most impact was The Active Side of Infinity by Carlos Castaneda (which made me think he must be the most important writer of our time).
22. What was your favorite film of this year?
Didn't get to many movies in 2007, and those few we did see weren't particularly memorable.
23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 68. Ate and argued. (See memorable dates, above.)
24. What kept you sane?
Good friends, on and off-line.
25. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Still and always Johnny Depp ... and Angelina Jolie.
26. Who did you miss?
Lorenzo after he stopped communicating.
27. Who was the best new person you met?
I hear it’s not cool to tag people with memes anymore, but let me know if you do it.