Includes book reviews and bits from writer's journal. For the professional stuff, see website link below left.

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Four Things Meme

Thanks to Jenny Adamthwaite's From the Living Room blog for this one.

Four jobs I've held.
- baby sitter
- waitress
- shop assistant
- librarian

Four movies I've watched over and over again
- Empire of the Sun
- Sleepless in Seattle
- Four Weddings and a Funeral
- Gone with the Wind

Four places I've been
- King George Sound, north-west Australia
- Machu Picchu, Peru
- Enchanted Rock, Texas
- Uluru (Ayers Rock), central Australia

Four places I've lived
- Launceston, Tasmania until I was 15
- Merbein, near Mildura for two years. Couldn't wait to get out of the place!
- Melbourne (successively: Pascoe Vale, inner city, Carlton, Caulfield, Ripponlea, Armadale, Balaclava, North Brighton, Beaumaris, Elsternwick, Brighton.)
- under The Pinnacle, far northern NSW, in a place that didn't have a name. (Postal address was "via Tyalgum".)

Four TV shows I watch
- Dr Who
- Doc Martin
- Robin Hood
- MASH in its endless repeats, of which I never tire.

Four radio shows I listen to
- Australia All Over on Sunday mornings, on the car radio on the way to market ... or sometimes in bed on non-market days.
- Life Matters
- The Philosopher's Zone
- Poetica
(All on ABC – the national broadcaster – and none of them very often. I'm not much of a radio listener, and only hear them when Andrew turns them on. Would not remember without him. I never think of daytime TV, and never think of radio at all; I forget they exist.)

Four things I look forward to
- Checking Google Reader to find new postings from my favourite bloggers
- Swimming weather
- Payday
- Haiku on Friday

Four favourite foods
- Dark chocolate
- HOT curry
- Shellfish of all kinds
- Mangoes

Four places I'd rather be
I like it here, but for time away ...
- Austin, Texas
- Kerrville, Texas
- Machu Picchu
- Venice, Italy

Four people I email regularly
There is little regularity in my life! But four I email often:
- Andrew (even though he sits at his desk opposite me. We are always saying to each other: 'I just got/found this thing ... would you like me to send it to you?')
- BFF Helen
- Jennie Fraine
- Leah Kaminsky

I'm supposed to tag people to do it. Probably four, but will just say Jennie and Mikaela, and anyone else who feels like doing it – and let me know so I can have a look at your answers on your blog.

1 comment:

  1. Checking for blog posts is one of the things I look forward to as well. It's the modern day equivalent of getting post, I think.

    ReplyDelete