Includes book reviews and bits from writer's journal. For the professional stuff, see website link below left.

Friday, September 21, 2012

THE HUNGER GAMES by Suzanne Collins

The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I didn't want to see the movie or read the books, because from what I had read about them it seemed as if they would be kinda nasty. I said so to members of my writers' group, who were enthusing about the books. They told me I was right, but that the stories were all about rising above and overcoming the nastiness. On that basis, I acquired them as ebooks. I'm so glad I did.

This first volume got me right in with the opening pages, and took me on a wild ride to the end. It's fascinating and inspiring, and the characters very engaging. I totally loved it and am now deep into the next in the series.

I'm still not quite sure if I want see the film. I'll wait untiI finish the books, anyhow.

One day later.
I weakened and got the DVD. They did a good job of it.

View all my Goodreads reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment